Re: Is this really the right thing to do?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
>
> > [ Something about gpfs ]
>
> 	As I said later in my message, I'm not sure of the error messages
> 'name' or origin, because I haven't seen one of these failures
> recently.  It can't be hardware though, these transient errors began
> when I was using my older computer.

That seems unlikely.  Unless you are using a dev kernel (and then it's
probably unlikely), then it's almost definitly hardware.

The only time I ever had a GPF in linux was when I had bad RAM.

Peter

-------
Peter D. Kovacs                 UIN: 241701
Operator, Perl Programmer, Computer Guy
kovacsp@egr.uri.edu
http://www.egr.uri.edu/~kovacsp/
http://kovax.ml.org/~kovacsp/pubkey.txt