Re: Recommendations for Email client?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> I can't believe no one else has recommended netscape. netscape 4 does support IMAP and
> in fact I think it's a pretty sweet mail client. (No, I'm not a unix newbie. I've been

> > 2.  PGP integration

I think that is the reason. I can not believe how many people keep yelling
mutt when it was clearly stated that the client had to be GUI. So far,
xfmail is the only one that I know of in Debian that meets all of the
requirements. No, I do not use xfmail much anymore but I am going to use
it for a project at work for the operators in a control center. Exim will
direct the email to the proper users based on a system-wide filter and the
mail will be dropped into proper folders by xfmail's rules.

The key is that it is easy to set up, you do not have to waste a lot of
time learning the configuration syntax that you are going to forget a
couple of months later anyway, etc. In short, it is intuitive even for a
Windows user to learn.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!