Re: Kernel 2.0.34 problems

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 01:28:50PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Because I was a Slackware person before I was a Debian person.  I don't
> like how the headers are split from the code.  I've never cared to learn the
> "Debian way" when "make dep ; make clean ; make zlilo ; shutdown -r now"
> works so well.

I was a Slackware user for a year before Debian too. I did the a.out to ELF
upgrade by hand on my Slackware 2.3 box; not much fun.

Fortunately, being a Slackware user is not terminal. There really are
advantages to using make-kpkg.

But using make-kpkg doesn't mean you have to use the official
kernel-source packages; I don't.

hamish