please help me: problems for users!

debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hi all,

I've just recently installed the Debian sytem on my computer. It works
perfectly for the "root", but not for the other users. For example when
another user send an e.mail to root, the root receive it but from the
Unknown User (the good UID). An other example, when an user edit a text with
 vi one can see this error:
"
Information on user id 1000 not found.
Modifications not recoverable if the session fails
"Some other soft (like xlock for example) crashe (segmentation fault) for
all the users except root!
Any help would be great
Thank You

Patrick RICHARD, France