Re: Newbie Install problems

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Tom Anzalone wrote:

> To anyone who can help me,
>
> I have tried to install Debian 2.0.2 several times but I get the
> following error when I get to the installation of the kernal:
>
> Floppy Error!
> The attempt to extract the Rescue Floppy failed.
>
> The intial parts of the installation work fine ( i.e. setting up swap
> and boot partitions, etc..)
>
> I have Red Hat 5.1 on the same machine and that installed without a
> problem.  I have a P133, 128meg ramm, and 2.5 gb hard drive on which I
> setup to install Debian on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tom Anzalone
> Tanzalon@concentric.net

Did you ever get a response to this posting? If so, I must have missed it.
At any rate, I'm about 87% confident that your installation problem is
related to a bad floppy. Use a different floppy and recreate the rescue
disk. I bet that'll solve it. Floppies are notorious for causing problems
during the installation of Debian.

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu