Re: Points to Ponder

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, BOHICA wrote:
>
>  : If the author of the utility loadlin.exe (Hans Lerman) has stated on his web
>  : When the SLINK distribution was frozen, why weren't the installation
>  : documents upgraded as well?  They should address the fact that the 1.73Mb
>  : floppy will not work for some machines and that a separate ROOT floppy is
>  : also needed in addition to the usual disks if a floppy install is done.
>
> It won't work at all, so Enrique is making 1.44 images instead.  His net
> connection blows so they've been a bit slow to appear.  If you can do
> better, please do so.

The disks work on a few systems (or so I've heard).  But, Enrique finally
got the 1440 images in incoming (thanks Enrique).  Check out
llug.sep.bnl.gov if you don't have an account on master.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |