Problem installing packages that use install-info

I am having trouble installing packages that use install-info in their
installation scripts.  Now I have some cruft building up on my system due to
the impossibility of purging or removing certain packages including now
shellutils_1.26-6.3.deb.  I have not been able to cleanly remove lg*
packages from my system for months, and get errors involving install-info.

Any suggestions?

Alan Davis
--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis