how get a pci plug and pray soundcard installation

Hi,
under Window$ 95 ( don't hit me )
I run a TerraTec XLerate Soundcard
-PCI and Plug & Play
I do some musical stuff with this card inc combination
to a Roland SoundCanvas 88, e.g. Band-in-aBox, Powertracks,
Hearmaster, etc.,...
The hint for using this card is( I don't know much about Soundcards)
the card can transmit midi-data to the sound-canvas without inter-
preting this data.
Under linux now I've seen, there are lot of music-programs, like mixers,
etc,....
So I think if I can get a Soundcard work under Linux, perhaps it is
possible to kill the window$ partition, only used for musically stuff.
But, unfortuanellety, I can't get the soundcard `swingin'.
Can someone please help me.
If there is no way get Linux sounds good with this card, please be so
friendly and name me a card which will run under linux without problems
and also can send/receive midi-data only.
I have a slot for a ISA-Card also, the card must not be the ultimate one
if I can have wavetables (direct output) and
sending/midi the SoundCanvas will makes sound really  sounds good.

--
Cheers
   Peter