Re: ICQ for hamm?

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 12:38:19AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Without incoming connections, you can't do live talk or file transfer,
> so it's nice to have.

    Well, not entirely true.  You cannot have files sent to you and you
cannot accept a live chat.  You can, however, ask someone else to live chat
and send files out.  A minor nit, but once one understands those
limitations, it is easy to *cough* "work around&".

& - As in use real services like FTP for file transfers and IRC for
chatting.  ;)

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my