Re: ICQ for hamm?

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > c) how difficult would it be to set it up on the Win95 machine and use the
> > Debian box to forward it to the Internet? (where would I find the relevant
> > information?) (I don't use forwarding, just wwwoffle for the web)
>
>     Not difficult at all.  Problem is since there is not ICQ ipmasqing
> module incoming connections will always be refused.

Hmm i have this setup here. I have a static IP on a dedicated dialup with
my Debian 2.0 as the main server for a small LAN. The debian box dials
into the isp (currently at 36 days dialed in :-) and acts as a link for my
wifes win 95 box. I installed the JavaICQ on Debian (what a pig) and the
regular ICQ on her 95 system. Both work fine and she doesnt have any
problems sending or recieving from anyone.

The only problem that I have is when I send to her I get the following:

	/---------------------------------------------------\
 	| - |   Can't Establish Direct Connection   | _ | X |
	|---------------------------------------------------|
	| Can't establish a direct connection               |
 	|                                                   |
	| Do you want to:                                   |
	|   'Send thru Server'	  'Retry'    'Cancel'       |

Selecting to send it thru the server allows it to work fine. I have talked
to a few others who are on her contact list and they dont have this
problem. They simply send her a message and it goes thru normally.

--Rob

(/me chuckles  .. sorry but I guess I'm really bored this AM as you can
see by my great art talents)