how to decode quoted printable?

I was looking for a program/filter ... for an apparently simple task:
convert a message from quoted-printable to 8bit (iso latin1 encoding)

I didn't find any in the debian packages. All that I tried were unable to
do the above thing (althoug I didn't try hard)

The packages I looked at were: mpack, emil, mimedecode, recode,
mime-support.

I *must* have overlooked something. Suggestions?

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *