Re: Has anyone gotten Star Office running?

Allan Bart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been reading all the notes about this suite freezing up or the
> failing to install correctly.
> so what is the review of those who have managed to install it?

 StarOffice5.0 expects to be installed by the user who will actually be
 running the thing.  I installed in in ~/SOffice.

 Other than that little quirk, it seems to work just fine.  Much more
 stable than the previous version.  Also, supports the Office97 formats
 well.

 The only downside is that, just like MSOffice, it is a BIG BLOATED PIG!

 -Mitch