Re: netscape woes

George Bonser wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Ed Cogburn wrote:
>

> >       Remco's answer is correct.  The actual NS binary is in the last package
> > he lists, 'xxx-smotif-xxx'.
>
> This dod not seam to help. I went so far as to delete all the netscape
> packages and then download the binary myself and use the old netscape4
> installer. I get the same problem on startup. Looks like the X packages
> are somehow fsckd up. I can not install Netscape in any way.
>
> George Bonser

	I wonder if this is some kind of conflict between the old netscape
installer (where you put the NS binary in /tmp) and the new NS packages
which have the NS binary included.  I never used the netscape installer;
I've always downloaded the tarball from netscape.com, and installed it
in /usr/local.  When I installed the 4.07 from slink I had no problems,
except for the earlier problem with a missing locale dir that was a
problem in the X11 stuff.
	Here's what I have installed (the last one has the NS binary):

	netscape-base-4
	netscape-base-407
	netscape-java-407
	communicator-base-407