Re: Cyrillic input in X

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 04:54:35PM +0100, E.L. Meijer Eric" wrote:

> I see ...  I only once set up reading cyrillic web pages for some
> Bulgarian colleagues of mine, but never configured cyrillic input.
> Maybe you could have a look at the xmodmap man page.  I think you
> should be able to reassign keys with this.  It is also described in the

Yes, xmodmap is one of the solutions.
The second is xruskb. You can find it in Debian as a package.

But this two solutions are "Nasty hacks (tm)" :)

The Right Thing - to use Xkb & locale. But there are some problems and
misconfigurations in all Linux distributions. Debian tuning is described on my
page www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/8116/. Sorry, Russian language
only.

--
Alexey Vyskubov