Re: S3-Redhat & Star Office 5.0 Users?

Glenn PM wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Glenn,

> Tech support told me to get the latest version of XFree86 so I now have
> the 3.3.2.3-26 version.
> I also have Redhat 5.1 with kernel 2.0.35-7.

I'm also having problems with SO5_0. I running Debian/GNU Linux "slink"
version, with 2.0.35 custom kernel.
My video card is similar to yours: I have an S3-Vision868 (generic) card
and even after switching to an xserver-svga, StarOffice 5_0 still hangs
every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm running xfree86 version 3.3.2.3a-7.

And if matters, I did an /net + /workstation installation.
FYI, SO4_0 runs well, with only some casual crashes.

> Does anyone else have an S3 card and a completely working version of
> Star Office 5.0?

not yet, too! :-(((

Thanks,

--
Mario O.de Menezes | "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
IPEN-CNEN/SP       | is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Prov. 19.21