Re: Console mode with >80x24 possible?

-> > Eric House (fixin@peak.org):
-> > > Can I rebuild the kernal to use my entire display?
-> > >
-> > > My hamm-equipped laptop has an 800x600 screen.  When in console mode
-> > > it uses only the middle of the screen for an 80x24 display -- even
-> > > though there's room on the screen for at least 120x32.
-> >
-> > try adding vga=extended or vga=ask to your boot-prompt
->
-> 	I'd also suggest taking a look at 'SVGATextmode' and see if your video
-> card's chipset is supported.  If SVGATextmode can work on your system,
-> it will allow you to change textmodes without rebooting, i.e., allowing
-> you to switch from 80x25 to a custom mode and back.

Yes SVGATextmode is nice; but adding "vga=..." into lilo.conf is nice too;
for example I have "vga=0xf05" for having 30 lines on screen which is very
nice for me.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz