Re: Typo in last post!

Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd wrote:

>  Can anyone can give me some advice on how to get the kernel (linux)
> file from a ftp site without  downloading it as a .txt
> file?ThanksStephen LavelleAustanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd.Austanners Wet
> Blue Pty Ltd.
> 110 Heales Road,
> Lara, Geelong, Australia
> 3212
> Tel:++(03)52742232
> Fax:++(03)52742350
> mailto:auswetbblu@magnet.com.au

  Hi all

     There are a couple of ways I've done this.  One was by using a ftp
program.  If you have
Debian already installed, you can use xftp or wxftp-gtk(non-free
section).  Both seem to work well.
If you don't have Debian installed yet, you can use Net Vampire, from
win95, which detects whether a file is binary or text automatically (see
http://kulichki.rambler.ru/~vampire). Also, if you're using Netscape,
you can hold the shift key down while clicking on the file, and it
should copy the file exactly.(In my experience, this works sometimes and
not others).

Hope this helps.

Mary