Re: x3270

bob@spoiler.demon.co.uk (richard) writes:

> 	a while ago someone mention x3270 for connection to IBM mainframes.
> Well, I finally found it (x3270-3.1.1.6) but I just cannot get the thing to compile.

[snip]

> popups.c: In function `popup_an_errno':
> popups.c:503: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
> /usr/include/stdio.h:221: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'
> make: *** [popups.o] Error 1

Dirk fixed this in the Debian version 3.1.1.7-1 of x3270.  If you
really don't want to use the precompiled Debian package, at least
apply the latest (3.1.1.7-7) Debian patch.  (Which should compile
x3270 properly on libc5 too.)

You might not have found x3270 because, unfortunately, it's in
non-free.  Have a look at the license from GTRC and decide whether
"public use" is what you're doing with it.

If "IBM mainframe" actually means an AS/400, which IBM call
"midrange", I've included some patches in the latest Debian x3270
which make it work better than the distributed version.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird