Re: Console mode with >80x24 possible?

> > My hamm-equipped laptop has an 800x600 screen.  When in console mode
> > it uses only the middle of the screen for an 80x24 display -- even
> > though there's room on the screen for at least 120x32.
>
> try adding vga=extended or vga=ask to your boot-prompt

I tried that a few weeks back and got tiny text scrunched into the
middle of my screen.  But last night a friend with the same laptop
showed me the (hardware-specific) key combination to force text mode
to use the whole screen.  Once that's done, 'vga=ask' in lilo.conf
permits me to choose from a whole range of no-longer-scrunched
options, all of them better than 24x80.

I wonder if the bios would allow me to change the text mode, or is
that truly a machine-specific thing?  No matter: I'm happy now.

Thanks to all!

--Eric

| non-work .sig needed |