Re: x3270

*- richard wrote about "x3270"
> Hallo all,
> 	a while ago someone mention x3270 for connection to IBM mainframes.
> Well, I finally found it (x3270-3.1.1.6) but I just cannot get the thing to compile. OK,
> I know I need to learn C, but I could use some help to sort this out.
> Useful information.
> 	OS: Debian 2.0,
> 	x3270: 3.1.1.6
> errors: see attachment.
> If I can get this to work, then I'm gonna try and stick Debian on a machine at work.

Why don't you install the x3270 Debian package.  This will save you all
the trouble of compiling it.

Package: x3270
 x3270 opens a telnet connection to an IBM mainframe host in an X11
 window. The window created by x3270 can use its own font for
 displaying characters, so it is a fairly accurate representation
 of an IBM 3278 or 3279.

> Are there any utilities that can receive Netware broadcast messages? :-)
> Is there any way to cut and paste between windows? I stuck the attachment on
> because it's easier than retyping the whole message out.

For cut and paste under X you just select with the left mouse button
and paste with the middle(or left and right for 2 button mice).

--
Brian
							   - unknown