Re: partition table on dos zip disks

Kenneth wrote,

> Try to re-partition that zip disk again, but ONLY make a partition
> number 4.  All zip disks are partitioned with one partition 4 and no
> partitions numbered 3,2, or 1.  Why?  This is a Mac thing.  (Same for
> Bernoulli's too BTW).

I'm probably not being clear enough here.  What you and peter wrote is
exactly correct, but that's the part I knew :)

I need to know *exactly*  where the partition lies.  Is it the whole
disk?  It seems to me that there's a tiny bit left for some reason,
that isn't used in the partition.  And since I only get one shot at
this, if I lay the partition wrong . . .

Hmm, can I use dd to make a copy of the disk even though it has no
partition table?  As in

    dd if=/dev/sda of=zipback

?

Oh, and I don't think it's a mac thing.  I reformatted to mac when i
was using one, and usually put it on partition 1.