Re: [ale] /dev/audio: Device or resource busy

Thus spake Wandered Inn (esoteric@denali.atlnet.com):

> > > Make sure you don't have an irq conflict.  Shows below it's taking 7,
> > > isn't that what the parallel port normally takes??
> >
> > Thanks for the idea.  Hadn't thought of that.  Um, I don't think I've
> > got a conflict, but here's some /proc related system info.  Do you see
> > anything that catches your eye?  BTW, I don't have a printer or
> > anything attached to a parallel port here.  I have to print to a
> > remote printer on another Linux box here at home.
>
> But I think the parallel port may be taking the irq7 just the same.  I
> think mines configured in the bios.  That's the only difference I really
> see here.

Well, it turns out I had installed something called "nas", Network
Audio Support.  Never heard of it.  Guess it was a new package.  That
was part of the conflict.

I also went to the BIOS, gave the parallel port IRQ 5 (Yep, you were
right.  It wanted 7!!!), and recompiled the kernel with sound on IRQ
7, and voila!  It worked.  NAS looks pretty cool, I must say, but I'll
wait until I get everything else working before I dig into it...  :-)

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net