/etc/ppp/options comment incorrect was: Re: leased line problem again

Carey Evans:

> -> > Presumably -ip disables TCP/IP over the PPP link.

John Hasler:

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar <uhlar@fantomas.sk> writes:

> You are right, thankyou. But what is this ?
>
> # Disable IP address negotiation (with this option, the remote IP
> # address must be specified with an option on the command line or in an
> # options file).
> #-ip
>
> it's wrong then...

I think you're right.  According to the man page, the "remote address
will be obtained from the peer if not specified in any option" (like
local:remote) and noip (aka -ip) disables IPCP negotiation.

I'd CC'ing this to the bug system so that the example can be changed.