Re: downloading kernel image

This happens sometimes when Netscape doesn't recognize the extension of
the file your trying to get.  At the link (the one you clicked to get the
machine-code-like text), right click and choose Save Link As...  This can
also be accomplished by holding shift when you choose the link.  The
default filename should be right, so hit OK.  That should do it.

Hope that helps,
Joe