Re: in which directory does lynx.cfg belong?

	 From: "David Karlin" <funk48@travelin.com>
	 Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 02:55:15 -0800

	 Hello,
	 I'm attempting to get lynx to access the web via a proxy server on the lan.
	 As I was reading the lynx documentation, I came across a sample lynx.cfg
	 file.

	 The sample file indicates that its default location should be
	 /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg, but since I installed from the .deb file in hamm,
	 I was wondering if the debianized version of lynx looks there, or in another
	 location.

	 Does it go in /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg, or another location?

	 TIA,

	 --David

I have an old Redhat 3.1 system -- but my lynx.cfg is
in /usr/lib however you should get to know how to use "locate":

1st: execute the command updatedb -- this will cause all your
files to be entered in a database on your machine.  It will take
a minute or so to complete. [you should repeat this command
whenever your file structure changes (i.e. you add or delete an
appreciable number of programs]

2nd: execute the command "locate lynx.cfg" -- you will be told
where your lynx.cfg file is.  If you just did a "locate lynx" you
will get all the places where any file having to do with the name
'lynx' is located (including directory names).

joeh