Re: how to create new console fonts?

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 15:47:06 +0400, Eugene Sevinian wrote:
> I need new fonts for console but I do not know how it is possible to
> create them.

According to /usr/doc/kbd/README.consolefonts :
A DOS-hosted PSF font editor is available on eecs.nwu.edu.

[no further details of it are provided]

The format of console font files (fairly simple) is documented in
/usr/doc/kbd/README.psf .

Probably your best bet is to write a converter from a standard X font format
to psf, and use "xmbdfed" to construct your fonts.

Another option might be to try to port the "fontedit" from FreeBSD
(<FreeBSD-mirror>/FreeBSD-CVS/src/usr/sbin/pcvt/).

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.