Re: Slink broke after upgrade (Thank's it's working!)

Hi Zack,

On 17-Nov-98 Zack Brown wrote:
> Lucky you! I still have made no headway getting X to even start. I still get
> these errors:
>
> xauth: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> xauth: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> xinit: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had similar problems until a mate of mine (thanks Mark) suggested that I
check that I had the line:

/usr/X11R6/lib

in my /etc/ld.so.conf file.

You then have to do something with the ldconfig command ( I think :) ). Try the
man pages, sorry I can't help more!

HTH,
Trevor Glen
E-Mail: Trevor Glen <Trevor.Glen@iweb.net.au>
Date: 17-Nov-98
Time: 22:10:07

Scully to Mulder: "Why did you lie to that man?"
Mulder to Scully: "I merely participated in a campaign of mis-infomation"