Re: keyboard switchers

----------
> Van: Chris Evans <c.evans@sghms.ac.uk>
> Aan: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Onderwerp: keyboard switchers
> Datum: maandag 16 november 1998 12:30
>
> I have to run both an NT and my Debian box for some time at least
> yet.  I'd like to use a switchboard switcher so I only have to have
> one keyboard on the very crowded desk.  I have one and it used to
> work fine for two NT systems and for Win95 systems though I gave
> it up when someone told me NT tests to see if the keyboard is still
> there from time to time behaves very badly if it's not (sounded
> plausible M$ daftness but I wasn't actually convinced though I was
> having keyboard lock ups - they continued after I ditched the
> switcher.
>
> Anyone know if Linux/Debian (Hamm) gets irritated if it finds no
> keyboard where one was a few minutes/hours before?

I use a switch (mechanical) to switch between my server (Linux with Samba
on a P133), my Win95 (AMD K6-200) and an old 486 computer with ISDN and
some firewalling. The only problem I have is with the 486. Sometimes (i
think when I switch very fast between those machines) the 486 doesn't
response to the keyboard anymore (and after the screensaver blanks the
screen it looks dead) but everything works normally over my network. I
suppose it's a mainboard flaw.