Re: Stable GUI Web Browser

** Reply to message from Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> on Mon, 16 Nov 1998
15:20:45 -0500 (EST)

> Odd, I use NS every day (I work for an ISP).  Occasional glitches, but nothing
> like that.  My netscape is sometimes ope for three days straight.  I am using
> 4.5 currently.

H'mm I wonder where to look for the reason. Both our machines that use NS have
this problem and they use different versions of X - otherwise standard Debian 2
with NS installed using the install .deb which requires the tar file in /tmp.

We use the standard kernel, connect to the internet through our fileserver
(running squib and junkbuster) to our firewall using ipmasq and an ISDN dial-up
connection. We switch to a permanent connection in a couple of weeks - I wonder
if that will help.

> Javascript only exists in netscape (or mozilla I think).

Thats what I suspected - it's a pain that sites won't use nice and simple html.
Maybe in a while mozilla will be a stable alternative.

Thanks for the response

Dave

David Warnock
Sundayta Ltd