adjusting network card settings - where?

In ongoing efferts to get networked here (work), I may wind up taking my
Olicom card out of PNP mode to get things working.  If so I'm presuming I'll
need to set up parameters somewhere.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction??  I'm quite green at this stuff.

Along a similar line ... does a PNP network adapter card (Olicom 3118 ISA)
need to be initialized by isapnp???  If so, doesn't this happen after the
time when it needs to work during bootup???  I'm confused about the use of
isapnp in this case.

Appreciate any helpful thoughts!

Kenward Vaughan
Bakerfield College