Re: ssh

[Moved to -user. This does _not_ belong on -private.]

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 11:10:11AM -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:
> 	Is there any new version for ssh*.deb.

There are no ssh 2.0 .debs. The current maintainer isn't interested (as ssh2
has even more restrictive usage conditions than ssh1), and no one else has
volunteered.

> Especially when the bug shows up.

"the bug"?

> 	I downloaded ssh2.0* and test it. One weird thing was that it
> did corrupt utmp(not wtmp).

Probably because it tries to manipulate it directly; ssh1 used to do that
too; check out the Debian diffs, maybe they show how to disable this.

> Other thing is that it is incompatible. If I do a ssh2 some.host.ssh1.26*
> says protocol incopatible

You need to enable compatibility explicitly; see
http://www.yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~ymmt/ssh2.html .

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.