Sony CDU31A CD on SB16

Hello,

I installed the Debian distribution base floppies and everything went OK
except for one thing.
I was not able to setup the CD drive and this prevents me from going on
with installing other portions from the distribution CD.
My system is a 486 and has a Sony  CD type CDU31A-2 connected to a Sound
Blaster 16 (the type that supports 3 kinds of CD drives - Sony, Mitsumi
and NEC). I know this is a very old CD drive but this is what I have at
the moment for this system.
I could not find in the list of drivers one that will work with my
configration. I tried the one that is for a Sony CDU31A and I tried the
one for SB Pro.
Does Linux support this configuration? Is there a different driver?
Does anybody know what is the base address for the CD port on the SB16
(there is a jumper to set the IRQ but no setup that I can see for the
base address - is it the same base address as the SB itself, and only a
different IRQ?)

I am new to this list, can it be recieved in digest form once or twice a
day, or only as separate messages?

Thanks,
Gilad
Gilad Barak                          Fruitonics Ltd.
Product Manager                      P.O.B 2358, Rehovot 76123, Israel
                                     Tel: +972-8-947-7088
gilad@fruitonics.co.il               Fax: +972-8-947-7099