Re: AMD K6-2 kernel compile ?

"Marc van der Vossen" <marc@vdvossen.cistron.nl> writes:

> I was wondering what CPU I should select for compiling the kernel. I have a
> AMD K6-2 300MHz. Should I compile for a regular pentium, or do the newer
> kernels have K6 as a selectable CPU ?

The development (2.1.x) kernels have:

  386, 486/Cx486, Pentium/K5/5x86/6x86, PPro/K6/6x86MX

as options, so I guess PPro would work for you.  Just make sure you
keep your old kernel around (make-kpkg should do this anyway) in case
I'm wrong.

> Wowie, just a bit of time and my PC won't have any Intel, nor Microshit on
> it. ;-)))

Are you sure?  My *keyboard* has an Intel chip in it!

			   Close your eyes.