need firewall advice

Hi,

I will be setting up a firewall and need to decide what type of
computer to buy.  It will be a debian intel pc running as a
packet filtering system (restricting various ports, etc) and will
have 2 100 BaseT interfaces.  I plan to use 2.1.XXX kernels and
ipchains. In the future it may get fancier with proxy support and
more interfaces on the inside of the wall.  What I need to know
now is how much computer to buy.  Should I get 450 MHz PII or is
an older 200 MHz PPro enough?  How much memory and disk should be
available for possible future proxy services?

Once I purchase the machine I will no doubt have more questions
about ip-chains etc.

thanks,

Stuart