Re: 96M RAM, but free only shows 64M!!!

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, rich wrote:

> if he's using lilo you've gotta add append MEM="96M" or whichever ammount
> of mem is installed on your computer. Be sure to add the correct amount or
> you're gonna get boot failures :P
If I remember correctly, it's not boot failures one is to be worried about
... the machine will probably boot fine ... It will, on the other hand,
crash badly sooner or later
	Not that I am spliting hairs
		Regards

> > _/~~~~~~~~\___/~~~~~~\____________________________________________________
> > ____/~~\_____/~~\__/~~\__________________________Mark_Phillips____________
> > ____/~~\_____/~~\________________________________mark@ist.flinders.edu.au_
> > ____/~~\HE___/~~\__/~~\APTAIN_____________________________________________
> > ____/~~\______/~~~~~~\____________________________________________________

---
Jonathan Lawson
Thermal Processes Unit
Department of Applied Energy and Optical Diagnostics
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Cranfield  University,
Cranfield, Bedford. UK.
email j.lawson@cranfield.ac.uk

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,
	that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good,
		that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion,
			Thy God reigneth!

									Isaiah 52:7