Re: Screw it! (Printer recommendations)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Chris Mayes wrote:

> possible, stuck it back on, and *wham* Nothng changed.  So, I've decided
> it's time to get a good(low-priced) laser printer.  So, who has
> recommendations?  I'd like to stay below 400, around 300 if possible.  It
> should work well under Linux (obviously) and BeOS(if possible).  Quality
> is important, but I am a poor college student begging my parents for a
> Chrstmas gift, remember ;-)  So, any/all recommendations welcome.  Thanks!

I've been looking for a printer for about 3 months.  Most of the posts
suggest that the HP Laserjet 6L is a good solution.  With that in mind,
I've been pricing them for about 3 months as well. the 6L is $399.  The
only place I've seen it cheaper is at Sam's club a couple of months ago,
for $385.  Fortunately for me, I found one someone return to Best Buy, and
it was knocked down to $340.  It works great.

Mark
Blunier@concentric.net