Re: pcmcia cardmgr doing the right thing after resuming?

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Alan Su wrote:

> i have a laptop here that does not see the pcmcia cards after
> resuming.  basically, suspending the machine goes fine, and after
> resuming, i can do most everything.  however, the network is not
> there.  bouncing the card manager with '/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart'
> gets things back to normal.  what am i missing here?  is there a
> script that gets run on a resume where i can do this?  thanks...and be
> gentle; this is my first attempt at a laptop installation.  =)

Is your kernel configured with APM?  Even if it is, your laptop may be
nonstandard or doesn't implement the apm standard at all.

Supposedly, the pcmcia package should work properly with apm.
However, there are enough broken apm laptops that I notice that the
pcmcia maintainers have added hooks to the latest release.  These are
scripts that get invoked on resume.

Try downloading the latest debian pcmcia package and read the
documentation.

--
Jean Pierre