Re: more X in slink stuff...

Zack Brown <zbrown@lynx.neu.edu> writes:

> I'm using slink. When I run startx, I get the following errors:
>
> xauth: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> xauth: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> xinit: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Aside from the fact that X is broken in slink, is there any way around this?
> What deb file is the libXmu.so.6 library available?

I think this may be another case of the two xlib6g 3.3.2.3a-7 packages
causing problems.  The basic story (as I understand it) is that there
was a broken xlib6g 3.3.2.3a-7 that got released accidentally -
although it was very soon replaced with a working one, some people got
bitten by the bad one.

At least, I think that's what happened.  I've also heard things to the
effect that the problem is caused by a bad pre- or post-rm script in
the -6 xlib6g.

In any case, go get xlib6g_3.3.2.3a-7.deb again from your local
mirror, make certain that it has md5sum
276d3782f9be91508241592902146e49.  Reinstall it and this error should
clear up.