Re: system hang on boot

   Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:14:43 +0800
   From: Sibuyas Bombay <sibuyas@i-mailbox.net>
   Sender: sibuyas@i-mailbox.net

   hi all !
     I 81Mb of RAM but had no idea that i was using only the 64Mb of it until that

81?

that's 81*10^6 bytes or so, but only 80M

   post by Mark Phillips.  Anyway, i added the 'append' line to my /etc/lilo.conf
   then run #lilo ...
     When i tried restarting my box it would completely halt/hang at the part where
   Linux does partition checks on hda 1, 2 & 3 ...
     Heres part of my lilo.conf.  I'd really appreciate it if there's someone who
   can tell me what i did wrong here ...

   #Start Linux bootable partition
    image = /vmlinuz
      root = /dev/hda3
      append = "mem=81M" #this is what i added

put here 80M

      label = Linux
      read-only
   #End Linux bootable partition