X and KDE

I got my server up and running with xserver-svga.  Then I
decided to add KDE as a X-Windows manager.  Now I've
got it all messed up.  There were multiple problems in
installing KDE, but I finally got it installed, but I can not
find the startkde script on the system any place.  Also,
when I check my directory, there is no .xinitrc file either.

Any one have an idea what went wrong?  I installed the
KDE files from the hamm dists, then went to KDE and
installed the 980701 version.

Thanks

--
ds@primenet.com