Re: Sendmail configuration

> I have to do some tricky sendmail configuration. Can anyone give me a
> guide as to what to do with all those .m4 files?

yep, choose the ones you want and stick them in your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
file and then run /usr/sbin/sendmailconfig

> The basic problem, is that I need to run one set of rewrites for local
> mail and one for external mail(i.e. mcv21@localhost when sending
> locally becomes say foo@pick.sel.cam.ac.uk when sending local mail and
> matthew@sel.cam.ac.uk when sending external mail)

this is an odd requirement... why do you want to do this?  i am aware of
no easy way to do this and am having difficulty imagining a circumstance
where you would be forced to (or would want to).  can you give us a little
more info to work with?

you might check out genericstable and the userdatabase i believe that they
might do what you want but you would have to maintain a user database of
all addresses at either domain which wouldn't be a lot of fun.

adam.

 4050 Lake Otis Pkwy	   Adam  Shand	     (v) +1 907 562 4636
 Anchorage, AK 99508     Technical  Lead     (f) +1 907 562 4807

    "Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers."
			- Pablo Picasso -