Re: XF86Setup fails

> ds wrote:
>
> I have just finished installing Debian HAMM.  I installed
> only the basics.  Then I went back with dselect and
> installed xserver-svga to use with my CL5428 video
> card.  Now when I execute XF86Setup, I get the following
> error:
>
> Couldn't read card database file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards

I got a similar error when I first installed Hamm: install only standard
packages in order to control what I need, and also install a xserver in
order to use a minimal X. The problem is that I didn't install the
package xbase: install it.

File /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards is contained in package xbase. I think
that xserver-* maintainers should make something to not allow to install
xserver-* packages before having installed xbase.

--
Conrado Badenas (Assistant Lecturer)
Department of Thermodynamics. University of Valencia