iomega zip (scsi)

Hi, everybody --

I am trying to decide on buying the iomega zip drive with scsi interface; but
have difficulties determining the usability of the drive with my regular (two
HDs and CDrom) SCSI adaptor host (DTC3130B; based on ncr53c815 chip). I
currently _happily_ use the above config, and my kernel is compiled with
ncr53c8xx driver; but searching on the Usenet and debian archives and reading
the READMEs for ncr chips I get mixed reports on whether or not I can/should
just attach the zip drive to the existing adaptor (some issues with
connect/reconnect and ncr53c8xx driver). If that is not an option, does
anyone have any experience with having AHA152x driver and the zipzoom adaptor
(if those two are going to work together at all?), and the impact on that
driver on the ncr one (or the other way around, knowing the history with
aic7xxx driver...)
Any info greatly appreciated,

TIA
damir