Re: star office 5 hangs my system ...

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 11:48:08AM +0200, Daniel Mashao wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Adam Shand wrote:
>

> > > I am running on a Pentium 233 with 64 Meg and installing StarOffice
> > > crashes my machine too. It crashes everytime I try. I think it damaged
> > > my partition somehow. Now its time to get gwp working.
> >
> > which x server are you using?  i'm in the process of converting from s3v
> > to svga, and if it still gives me problems i'll probably try accelerated x
> > cause i need this to work.
> >
> I use s3v  for s3_Virge card. I do not think the problem is with the video
> card.
there is not a problem with:
-videocard
-memory
-hd_capacity
my so 5.0 hangs up also but can't not repro the same hangup.
Therefore I think it's simply is a bug ;-)
my system:
board SOYO EHM 5   128 mb Ram 6ns
hd    scsi 2x 4.1 GB
video millenium mystique 4 mb
printer djet 500
test-printing is ok from so but printing a edited text -> so hangs up
after changing font-size or font or unaspected also
I've removed so waiting for so 5.1 ma be solved the problems ;-)
--
cheers
   Peter