Re: X: exec of /usr/bin/X11/ failed

> hey.
>
> i while back upgraded all my x stuff and unfortunately timed it just as
> the packages had been split up.  i managed to figure out what was wrong
> and patch things back together but now i'm getting this error when i tried
> to change my xserver from s3v to svga.
>
> i'm trying to get work done on my linux box (i don't have a windows box)
> so if anyone has seen this before help would be *much* appreciated.

/usr/bin/X11 is a directory - no wonder it won't exec.

I got this when upgrading too.  Somewhere along the upgrade I was
asked if I wanted to change the xserver to something, and said yes.
It messed up somehow and set the default xserver to " "

I didn't know too much about setting up X so I went back to hamm X,
then I understood this, upgraded again and answered "no" to
the change question.
You can probably fix it a lot faster by deinstalling your favourite
xserver package and reinstalling it.  Or even better - just change the default
to the server you want to use.  I don't know how to do that though.

By the way, why do you want to change from s3v to svga?  I use
s3v without problems, is svga faster or do you have a stability problem?

Helge Hafting