Re: star office 5 hangs my system ...

Daniel Mashao wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Adam Shand wrote:
>

> > > I runs fine here. I am running slink and have tried three different
> > > kernels, 2.0.32, 2.0.35, and 2.1.127, all work fine. Maybe you need
> > > more video RAM? That thing is a resource pig.
> >
> I am running on a Pentium 233 with 64 Meg and installing StarOffice
> crashes my machine too. It crashes everytime I try.

   Strange.  I installed StarOffice5 several times on this machine, a
combination of root and user installs, net and non-net installs, before
finally deciding I wanted to install it as a regular user in my ~
subdirectory.  I had no problems at all with any of those installs.

   This is on a slink system; a Celeron CPU overclocked to 338mhz with
128MB of RAM and a Diamond Viper 330 (4MB) video card.  SO5 is *not*
snappy loading, but once up and running it works great and I haven't had
any problems with it.

--
 Regards,                | Debian GNU/ __      o http://www.debian.org