Re: star office 5 hangs my system ...

> I am running on a Pentium 233 with 64 Meg and installing StarOffice
> crashes my machine too. It crashes everytime I try. I think it damaged
> my partition somehow. Now its time to get gwp working.

which x server are you using?  i'm in the process of converting from s3v
to svga, and if it still gives me problems i'll probably try accelerated x
cause i need this to work.

> I was suprised about how many time StarOffice 4.0X crashed on my
> machine. I tell people it is the first Linux app that behaves a lot
> like MS applications. Maybe the problem is not with NT but the apps
> that run on it :).

let's hope not... star office is really nice, i would hate to not be able
to use it.  i'll just use word perfect if i have to, but so5 is availabe
now and i need *something* which will read word 97 files cause they keep a
coming to my inbox.

<sigh>

adam.

 4050 Lake Otis Pkwy	   Adam  Shand	     (v) +1 907 562 4636
 Anchorage, AK 99508     Technical  Lead     (f) +1 907 562 4807

    "Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers."
			- Pablo Picasso -