Re: Debian and AMI MegaRAID

On another list, Alan Cox pointed out that the kernel 2.0.36pre series
includes the latest Megaraid driver.

To install this kernel to a Debian system, get a pristine 2.0.35 source
and unpack it in the usual manner.  Dont use the Debian source package,
I think it is patched already.  Go to Alan's site, get the 2.0.36pre
patch de jour (I think they are up to 20 now) and apply it.

Compile the kernel.  I suggest using the Debian kernel package package.
Look for the documentation under /usr/doc once you have the kernel
package package installed.

If you dont hurry, you will miss the fun and adventure of running an
unreleased kernel.  All humor aside, I have been running 2.0.36pre15
for several days now with no problem.  2.0.36 should be in full release
any day now.  If you need the Megaraid driver, I suggest giving the
prepatch a shot.

Mike