Re: Debian and AMI MegaRAID

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Fabio Belletti wrote:

>         We have a dual Pentium II server with AMI Mega RAID Controller but
> we don't know if it works with Debian Linux 2.0 because the 'recently
> released' Linux driver from AMI seems to work only with the latest Red Hat
> version (5.2) or the previous Red Hat version (5.0/5.1) with the driver v
> 0.92  .
>
> If it works could you please send us the information about the correct
> installation procedure ?

Oh, yeah -- about the installation procedure:

You need an existing Linux machine upon which to compile your patched
kernel.  Compile the kernel, making sure to add in MegaRaid support, and
then take that kernel and put it on the Debian boot disk as per the Debian
boot disks instructions (the instructions, which I've conveniently
forgotten, are somewhere on that boot disk as a text file) and you should
be able to install Debian.

-- adr