Re: Debian and AMI MegaRAID

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Fabio Belletti wrote:

>         We have a dual Pentium II server with AMI Mega RAID Controller but
> we don't know if it works with Debian Linux 2.0 because the 'recently
> released' Linux driver from AMI seems to work only with the latest Red Hat
> version (5.2) or the previous Red Hat version (5.0/5.1) with the driver v
> 0.92  .
>
> If it works could you please send us the information about the correct
> installation procedure ?

You can get the kernel source code patch for the AMI MegaRaid driver from
anonymous ftp to www.ami.com under MegaRaid/Drivers/Linux -- I believe the
file is called mega092.zip.

Note -- I have only been able to get the kernel patch to work under 2.0.x
kernels and not 2.1.x -- which upsets me as I have a quad-processor
machine and I can only use one processor (four-way SMP is not well
supported under 2.0).

MegaRaid support *should* be integrated into the 2.1.x kernel tree
sometime, dammit.

Any kernel developers out there?  Linus?  Dammit!  Dammit!

Okay, okay, I'm just mad 'cos I can't get the damn thing to patch under
2.1.x.  Probably my fault anyway.

-- adr